The Green Building Studio has recently announced the release of GBS Version 3.0. This new version is designed for architects to use on all their design schemes on each project to ensure every building they are designing is carbon neutral ready. Exciting new features include:
- Carbon Neutral Building Check – Automatically estimates the feasibility for each building to achieve carbon neutral status using local grid emission data. US EPA ENERGY STAR Score – Computing each building's US EPA ENERGY STAR score or Architecture 2030's targets.
- Water Use Analysis - Estimates the water needs, savings associated with efficiency measures, rain capture potential, and LEED credits for the building.
- Daylighting with Energy Savings – Automatically determines LEED Daylight Credit and room by room glaze factor analysis.
- Natural Ventilation Potential – Automatically determines if the building location and loads are well suited for naturally ventilating the building.
- Local Weather Data – Providing access to over 50,000 weather locations, ensuring the design team uses local hourly weather data within 9 miles (14km) of your building rather than selecting from the typical 230 airport locations.
- Onsite Renewable Energy – Automatically analyze every exterior surface to determine all the best performing photovoltaic surfaces. Discover annual energy generated for your building from a wind turbine.
- Corporate Accounts – Providing firm-wide management of users, building designs, building templates, and review of corporate wide CO2 emission, energy and water use analyses. Leverage key staff on every project no matter which office they are in.
- Passes Industry Standards – ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 140-2004, Qualified Software for Energy Policy Act of 2005, & Microsoft Platform Test for Hosted Solutions (Platform test was conducted independently by VeriTest).
See the video, which demonstrates how to design a building to be carbon neutral in five minutes using GBS Version 3.0!